“Sometimes, I will start a sentence and I don’t even know where it’s going, I just hope I find it along the way.”Michael Scott, The Office.
Hello. I am honored that something about my new little corner of the ever-expanding cosmos of the online world brought you here. Curiosity, whatever it may be about, is one of the great gifts of humanity. If you’re here, I’d like to introduce myself to you and provide context into the collective thoughts of my mind which you are undoubtedly about to delve into.
My name is Trevor Turner. I am currently twenty-two years of age. I am a semi-former student of music education, residing in the greater DFW area of Texas. I have an extensive wealth of passions in my life, to the point where naming all of them would be incredibly difficult for me. To list none of them, however, would be very unfair as you need context for the life that has lead up to this moment. A few of my interests and passions that I have been involved in various levels of throughout the years are, in no particular order:
- Nearly all forms of music, especially important as I am heavily involved in the world of music education
- Several fictional series’ and universes, from video game worlds to the likes of television and movies such as Marvel, Star Wars, Destiny, You, The Office, Black Mirror, and many more
- Rock climbing, as I find it is an incredible escape from the world and a very efficient and fun upper body workout
- Drum Corps International, better known as marching music’s major league. If you are not familiarized with it, I would strongly suggest looking it up to discover a secret world you did not realize existed
- Creativity in many forms – composing music, photography, writing (surprise, right?)
With all of that being said, my goal in starting this blog is incredibly simplistic: Use it as a medium to funnel my thoughts and feelings about myself and the world around me into something cohesive, and to create a place to archive them for reference in the future. Hence, The Turner Collective. The collection of my thoughts, feelings, emotions, struggles, accomplishments. Here is where it will be notated for the lifespan that anyone is able to access this. Many years ago, as far back as the third or fourth grade but especially in middle school, I discovered a fierce passion for writing. I found it an excellent medium to transcribe myself to others. However as time persists and we all grow, many other priorities overshadowed writing until it was less than an afterthought. Nonetheless, there is no better time than now to return to that which has given me so much joy and freedom of expression. So here we are, myself the writer, and you the reader. I hope your voyage into my mind will be insightful, thought-provoking, and a worthy use of time. See you on the other side.